Monday, December 22, 2008

Then and Now



I don't know if any of my Touro friends have noticed that I have a couple of followers who are not members of our esteemed Master's classes. These two ladies in question are dear, dear friends from college. They are both so precious to me, I couldn't possibly put it into words.

What I can tell you is that in the photo on the top we are all 20ish years old. The girl in the middle, DeDe, is now in Iraq (well, on her way home for some R and R) and married to this really cool guy named Ray who is a career military person. They live near D.C. If you ever have a chance to meet DeDe, you will be immediately struck by how friendly and open she is - a truly loving soul.

The girl on the left is Krissy, a Montessori school teacher and mother of Tommy Lee. She too is married to one of the kindest, friendliest men on the planet, Tony. They live in Sacramento. You'll never meet a more loving human being. Krissy is the definition of "friend." I know she'll always care for me, no matter what. How rare is unconditional love in this day and age?

The picture on the bottom was taken a couple of years ago, we hadn't seen each other in a while and had a gathering at Krissy's new house to catch up and celebrate the holidays. Instinctively, we lined up for this photo just as we had 15 years earlier when we were roommates in college.

What a treasure it is to have lifelong friends!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Awwww Suga Foot!! You are so sweet Carolyn!! I love you so much for posting that picture!! We look so young. Will we look back on the picture of us a few years ago in ten years or so and also realize how young we looked? I will try to treasure the newly found wrinkles and know that they are just a few now and will be oh so many more in a few years. You were so sweet to mention what great people D- and I are but you forgot one very important person in that picture and it is you. I have never met another person so lively, lovely and honest than you. YOu also have the amazing ability to make me feel so important in a room when we are together. You treat everyone like royalty Tee Tee Carolyn!! YOu are a true gem in this world to so many peeps and I am so fortunate to consider you part of my chosen family. I only have one other question who is the kid in the picture? I have no idea who that is? Do you?
Love you and Happy Holidays Girl!!
Kristina
or to you and just a few others Krissy

Carolyn Fields said...

Krissy,

That's Talia! Vangie's oldest. She's probably driving now. I LOVE YOU!

Followers