Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Resolutions 'n Stuff

Does anybody know where this custom comes from? Why do we make resolutions at the start of each new year? Why do they almost always revolve around weight loss? I'm curious... Shouldn't we be vigorously working on self-improvement all year round?

Another random thought, my parents live in Vacaville, CA. As you enter this lovely city that snuggles itself up to I-80, you see that they have every available retail store known to man. The city is defined not by its culture or proximity to some gorgeous geography, but its shopping. With this in mind, one of the first retail establishments you see after crossing the city limit sign is a little shop called "Guns 'n Stuff." Yeeehaw! You are in Vacaville now my friends!

I miss you guys and hope everyone had a great break...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guns and Stuff!!! Trinity and I always make a comment and chuckle at that place. My understanding is that they have in indoor shooting range, too. Who knows what other stuff might be held within...
FIELD TRIP!

DeDe said...

Sweetie - you don't need to worry about New Years resolutions - you're practically perfect in every way... never mind that I've had about 6 glasses of wine! I think you da bomb-diggity!
Love you!
BTW, your Christmas card was beautifull... I can't believe how grown up that girl is...
Love you! (oh, I already said that... did I mention the wine?)

Sarah said...

oh yes, Guns and Stuff, Geoff and I go there all the time! JUST KIDDING! I have been there once.
Happy New Years! Can't wait to catch up with you and all on Thursday!
Yes, they do have an indoor shooting range, it is upstairs.

Anonymous said...

I liked going to the Q-Zar in Cowtown...is it still there? Now that would be a cool field trip. Oh, before I forget...the answer to your question:
1 tbsp honey
3/4 glass tea
2 shots brandy
1 slice lemon
I like to get imaginative with the ingredients, so my version of a hot toddy can vary big time. See you Thursday!

Followers