Friday, November 28, 2008

Bangs


Jillian got "straight across" bangs on Wednesday. I had to make her sit on her hands for 10 minutes because she would not stop futzing with them. On the car ride back from the salon, she kept looking in the side mirror and saying things like, "I am so cute!" She has terrible self-esteem problems - can't you tell! She stares at herself in the mirror at every possible opportunity. Was I once a vain teenage girl myself? No, it's simply not possible.



She'll be 13 in two weeks. How did time pass so quickly? I remember her strutting around in a diaper and my high heels. Now, we fight over whether or not she can wear eyeliner and how much make up is too much make up. I'm so grateful she still works hard to keep good grades and is respectful and kind to her teachers and friends. I hope that doesn't change. I hope she gets in to Cal like she talks about. I hope I can afford it.



When she was young, I dreamt about her potential. Now that she is teen aged, I am saying daily prayers that she won't waste it. I wonder what the next phase is?



In case you don't know her, or like Wendy, haven't seen her in a while, I've posted a recent photo of her all dressed up at my sister's wedding.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh My GOODNESS Jill that picture is amazing!! YOu are so so beautiful. Carolyn that look on her face just reminds me so much of you!! YOu are both such beautiful ladies. Love you and hope to see you both soon.
Kristina

DeDe said...

OMG! I can't even believe that's Jillian! It looks like you at 18!
I'm so glad you said she was 13, because the instant I saw that picture, I thought we were much older than we are.
She is turning out to be so beyond beautiful... you really have been blessed with good one.
Miss you sweetie!

Sarah said...

Beautiful picture of Jillian! She is a wonderful girl! You have done a great job!

Followers